New COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits, Churches & Higher Ed
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope. – Psalm 130:5
Visit capincrouse.com and click the COVID-19 banner for the latest resources. We’re updating the site continually as new information becomes available.
During this time of rapid change, each week we will send a recap of the latest COVID-19 resources and information.
Here is what’s new this week:
- The IRS has provided guidance on how employers are to report qualified sick and family leave wages paid to employees under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Here are the key points in the guidance.
- The IRS said it will send letters to taxpayers experiencing a delay in the processing of Form 7200. The form is used to claim employer tax credits for paid sick leave and expanded Family Medical Leave Act benefit payments as provided in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Read more.
- See what church leaders can do now to prepare for what’s next. During our July 23 webcast, Jim Sheppard and Dave Travis from Generis and CapinCrouse Partner Stan Reiff discussed steps church leaders can take to prepare for the new obstacles and realities in the road ahead. Watch the recorded webcast.
- Apply best practices for processing cash receipts and disbursements in a remote environment. In this week’s episode of our “Insights” Facebook Live series for church leaders, Senior Manager Nathan Davis outlined best practices churches can use to reduce the risk of error and fraud. Watch the video and then access a copy of our convenient checklist.
- Learn about key church leadership topics in just five minutes a week. On Thursdays at 12 p.m. ET we go live on Facebook to share financial, governance, and other guidance for church leaders in five minutes. Join us next week for “Helping Others During COVID-19: The Key to Creating the Right Benevolence Procedures.” You can see other upcoming topics and watch previous “Insights” on our website.
Please forward this email to anyone who would find the information helpful and encourage them to sign up for our e-news.
We continue to offer our prayers for you, our nation, and the world during this difficult time. We are here to help.Sign up for e-news and alerts