News and Updates on Our Firm
CapinCrouse Named a Top 200 Firm by INSIDE Public Accounting
We are honored to have been named a 2018 IPA 200 Firm by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA). This annual list recognizes the 200 largest accounting firms in the nation, ranked by U.S. net revenues and compiled by analyzing the more than 550 responses received for IPA’s annual Survey and Analysis of Firms. It is the second consecutive year CapinCrouse has been named to the list.
CapinCrouse was founded in 1972 to support and empower mission-focused nonprofits as they work to change lives around the world, and that has remained at the center of the firm’s mission for over 45 years. Today, the firm’s 24 partners and 160 associates serve more than 1,500 nonprofit organizations nationwide with a wide range of audit, review, tax, consulting, and cybersecurity services.
“The entire CapinCrouse team is focused on effectively delivering the best services through our competent and caring people, in order to impact financial integrity and security for our clients,” noted Gregg Capin, Partner, Chairman, and Interim CEO at CapinCrouse. “We are honored to receive the IPA 200 Firm designation, and sincerely appreciate our loyal nonprofit clients and dedicated team members who have made this distinction possible.”
Nathan Salsbery Named to Christian Leadership Alliance Board
We are pleased to announce that Nathan Salsbery, Partner and Executive Vice President at CapinCrouse, has been appointed to the Christian Leadership Alliance Board as Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee.
For nearly 20 years, Nathan has provided various assurance and consulting services to numerous types of nonprofit organizations, and he is a certified fraud examiner. He also has 10 years of nonprofit industry experience serving part-time as Associate Pastor at his local church, and has earned a Master of Divinity degree with an emphasis in church and ministry leadership.
Our firm’s partners and leaders are honored to serve in many roles that impact our nation’s nonprofit entities. You can learn more about our industry involvement here.
CapinCrouse Partners to Share Insight at Upcoming AICPA Conferences
Three CapinCrouse partners will be sharing insight and best practices on charitable giving, nonprofit mergers and acquisitions, tax issues, and more during the upcoming AICPA ENGAGE and Not-for-Profit Industry conferences.
- Estate Planning Speed Round! – This session will cover four estate planning topics, and Ted will present on charitable rollovers.
- Donor Advised Funds & Private Foundations – Learn the similarities and differences between donor advised funds and private foundations and when and how to use these two powerful charitable giving platforms.
- Charitable Issues – Join Ted for an update on current developments in charitable giving and strategies for addressing them.
- Top 3 Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) Things – Learn from case studies highlighting potential unrelated business activities in three top UBIT areas: property rentals, corporate sponsorships, and allocations from alternative investments.
- Tax Issues for Religious Organizations – A review of legal and tax issues relevant to religious organizations.
- 990 Issues for Small Organizations/Practices – A look at issues impacting small organizations and practitioners on the Form 990.
Fran Brown, Partner and Professional Practice Leader – Attest, will present Mergers & Acquisitions, a discussion of the pros and cons of exploring a merger or acquisition for a nonprofit organization.
If you’re attending one or both of these conferences, we hope you’ll join us for these informative sessions.