News and Updates on Our Firm
CapinCrouse Partners to Share Insight at Upcoming AICPA Conferences
Three CapinCrouse partners will be sharing insight and best practices on charitable giving, nonprofit mergers and acquisitions, tax issues, and more during the upcoming AICPA ENGAGE and Not-for-Profit Industry conferences.
- Estate Planning Speed Round! – This session will cover four estate planning topics, and Ted will present on charitable rollovers.
- Donor Advised Funds & Private Foundations – Learn the similarities and differences between donor advised funds and private foundations and when and how to use these two powerful charitable giving platforms.
- Charitable Issues – Join Ted for an update on current developments in charitable giving and strategies for addressing them.
- Top 3 Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) Things – Learn from case studies highlighting potential unrelated business activities in three top UBIT areas: property rentals, corporate sponsorships, and allocations from alternative investments.
- Tax Issues for Religious Organizations – A review of legal and tax issues relevant to religious organizations.
- 990 Issues for Small Organizations/Practices – A look at issues impacting small organizations and practitioners on the Form 990.
Fran Brown, Partner and Professional Practice Leader – Attest, will present Mergers & Acquisitions, a discussion of the pros and cons of exploring a merger or acquisition for a nonprofit organization.
If you’re attending one or both of these conferences, we hope you’ll join us for these informative sessions.
Frank Jakosz Joins CapinCrouse as Principal
We are pleased to announce that Frank Jakosz has joined the firm as principal effective September 5, 2017. Frank brings more than 45 years of public accounting experience and nonprofit expertise to his new role. He is a nationally recognized nonprofit thought leader, and has been actively involved in numerous AICPA and FASB committees, including past chairman and member of the AICPA Not-for-Profit Entities Expert Panel. You can read his complete bio here.
Frank is a difference maker who has made a significant impact in the nonprofit arena, and we are excited to have him join the CapinCrouse team.
CapinCrouse Named a Top 200 Accounting Firm
We are pleased to have been named a 2017 IPA 200 Firm by INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA). This annual list recognizes the 200 largest accounting firms in the nation, ranked by U.S. net revenues and compiled by analyzing responses to IPA’s annual Survey and Analysis of Firms.
CapinCrouse serves nearly 1,500 nonprofit organizations nationwide with a wide range of audit, review, tax, consulting, and cybersecurity services. Thank you to our loyal clients who have helped us achieve this recognition.
The full list of the IPA 100, 200, and 300 firms is available on the IPA website.